It is simply impossible to mention all parts e. g. as cylinders, pistons, valves, valve guides, gears etc.
All measurements are included into the Excel file and signed by engineer. The engine box, cylinders, rocker covers are newly painted (our standard color is grey, but we may apply different color on a customer request), all tubes, washers and bolts are newly zinc plaited.
We issue Lithuanian CAA approved release form one.
A complete engine OH report we keep at Termikas files, but on a Customer request we may
supply a copy of the file.
Click HERE to see M-14P engine step-by-step overhaul photos
The first member of this engine family was born in 1947. The first tests of a nine cylinder engine designated the AI 14 were completed in the Ukrainian city of Zaparozhye. The engine was designed by the Design Bureau of Alexandr Ivchenko and was named AI 14 in honor of the first letters of his first and last name. The engine had a displacement 621 cubic inches and developed 260 HP. The first production version was released in 1950 and was designated the AI-14R. There was also a version called AI-14V designed for helicopters. Thousands of these engines were manufactured over the years in both Russia and many of the Soviet block countries.
In 1959, a Design Bureau is established in Voronezh (now OKBM) under the leading of Ivan Vedeneyev with the main goal to develop aviation piston engines. The first engine upgraded by this bureau is the AI-14RF, a 300 HP version. In the middle of 1960s the Vedeneyev Bureau designed the helicopter engine M-14V26 for the Kamov Ka-26 a twin engine helicopter. Major improvements were made and all the main engine parts were redesigned. The result is a 325 HP engine with a right angle nose case reducer.
The M14P series engine is based on the M-14V26 engine. A large number of parts are identical for both engines. The M-14P engine develops 360 HP having an excellent ratio between weight and power.
Production of the first series M-14P engine was started in the early 1970s at the Voronesh Mechanical Plant. Ten years later they begin the fabrication of the second series engines. The second series made some improvements of the internal parts as well as modifing the external configuration of the cylinder heads. The designers also included provisions for a centrifugal oil filter which is seen as the large boss that is located on the left hand side of the nose case.
The induction system uses a gear driven supercharger and a carburettor of automatic mixture type. Power is transmitted to the propeller via a reduction gearbox.
The engine has a speed governor, carburettor, two magnetos, mechanical fuel pump, generator and oil pump. The engine remains fully operational during inverted flight. The engine is pneumatically started.
The engine is left-turning (counter-clockwise) when viewed from the cockpit. This is opposite to the rotation to most Western aero-engines.
In recent times, the M-14P has become increasingly popular in experimental aircraft designs such as the Murphy Moose, Radial Rocket and others.
Later developments produce 460 hp and are equipped with electronic injection (much less consumption: ~30 liters/hour at cruise power).
This engine was used by the Yakovlev and Sukhoi Design Bureaus.
For more information please visit contacts page and contact us